Tuesday, August 29, 2006

And the clock keeps ticking

So, I started teaching three new classes yesterday (Monday). I have two 40 minute general kindergarten classes, with about 10 to 15 4 and 5 year olds in each, and I have a new English class with three 4 year olds. I got to give them their English names, and I named them Alli, Faith, and Felix! Aren't those the cutest names? Anyhow, along with these new classes, I lost two of my students...I am a victim of my own abilities, I guess. My favorite students, James (the little karate boy) and Sally both got moved up to the higher level class. I seem to have a knack with the remedial students, so I will be teaching a class with all of the kids that can't be put into the other classes for whatever reasons, be they behavioural, or level wise. I am really sad that I don't get to teach James anymore, but it was good that he got moved up...I hadn't been able to give him the attention he needed, cause the other kids in the class were more time consuming. I miss him and Sally. They were such darlings. I think that this is really the first thing I have discovered that is really bad about teaching, the kids keep passing through your life. It really sucks. You have them for a few months, or a year, and you grow attached, and then they are gone. That is definately the worst part about teaching. It is also the part that has made me realize just how much I want kids. So that I can watch them and help them through their entire life's journey. But the clock rolls on, and I have some absolutely adorable and sweet new kids to teach now. So I am still loving this job so much! When I think of all of the other crap I could be doing with my life, I know that I have made the right decision! Night!

No comments: