Monday, September 18, 2006

Holy Crap! I Left My Apartment & Went Outside!

So, I actually left my apartment this weekend, and went out into the city! LOL! Yes, my homebody tendancies have been controlling me for the past two months, but, like everyone says, I should experience this place while I am here. Plus, I needed an adapter for the cordless phone Johnny brought me! LOL! Here are a couple of fun pics from the walk to the subway...these are all around Seokchon Hosu; the lake I live by!






Then, we took the subway to TechnoMart (huge store with a pleathora of different vendors all selling the same thing), and here is a picture of that behamouth! (It is the blue buiding.)



After we left TechnoMart, Johnny thought we should walk down and see the river, which we crossed directly before our subway stop getting to TechnoMart. So, I said ok, and we started walking, looking for a way down to the river. Check out these insane apartment buildings we passed!



A mile later, we still hadn't managed to find a way down, and we were at the Olympic Bridge. That is supposedly the Olympic Torch, from when the Olympic Games were here in Korea. And I took a quick shot of a couple of darling little Korean soldiers who walked past us going onto the bridge.





Here, Johnny says, "Let's walk across it!" He looks so proud of the idea, that I can't bear to tell him that I am really not a "walker," so I say "OK!"



So off we go. This f-ing bridge goes on FOREVER! It traverses the width of the Han River, so it is pretty cool to watch the ships, and we can see the other bridge, the one we came across on the subway on, so I feel like I have come very far. I got a nice close-up of the torch part too!




And then I see Lotte Castle, and realize how much farther I have to go. (The two matching gold buildings off in the distance...If you scroll back up and look at the second picture I posted, the one of the balloons, you will see part of it in the background...just to give oyu an idea of how far I have gone on foot!)



Freaking Hell! Anyways, we keep walking across and finally get to the other side, and then Johnny says, "Let's keep going. We are almost there!" Now, I absolutely adore this man, but seriously, I feel like my feet are about to jump off the bottoms of my legs and kick my own ass! Yes, they were that angry! So, I felt as though I must assert myself here and said, "Ok baby. If you want to!" Ahahahaha! I know, I am a sucker for a cute smile!



LONG story short, I lasted for an hour and a half before I sat down on a subway vent and said, "Get a cab, I am not going another step!" He was very sweet about it, and kept telling me how proud he was that I had gone so far (we had walked between 4 and 5 miles, over an hour and a half period) and promised me food and a nap when we got back to the apartment! This made me less grouchy, and a bit more philosophical about the whole situation. It had been a very nice walk, I had gotten some lovely pictures of the city, and I had gotten some exercise and fresh air. All in all, not a bad Saturday...

Now Sunday evening, when my leg muscles were on fire, I was ready to kill someone, but that is another story! LOL!

Addendum: The gentleman shown in this post no longer (as of 11/3) holds the coveted position of "My Boyfriend!" No, I am not heartbroken, and it was a fairly civil break. So, those of you who are secretly in love with me, and pine for my wonderfulness daily/hourly/continuously, you will be thrilled to know I am back in the single saddle! LOL!

No comments: