Wednesday, June 14, 2006

The job!

These are pictures of my job! I work for the JM English School, about a half a mile from my house, and it looks like a crayola crayon box. If you want to see a picture of it, check back to my second post on this blog! This is my little desk area...I have since gotten a computer and a lot more crap to put on it! The Korean lady is my boss, Miss Lee. She is the director of the school, and lives in an apartment over it with her mother. Her brother owns the place. She is a typical boss, but still very nice! This is the classroom where I teach, and these are my kids! Well, some of them are mine. The two little girls are Grace and Emma, and they are actually Christie's students, but since I trained with her class, they all talk to me too. The three kids in the picture together are my students...yeah, I only have three, and then two later in intensives (that is like one-on-one tutoring). But I will be getting more classes in July. The little girl is Sally, the boy in front is James, and the boy in back is Calvin. See what I mean about the English names? James is my absolute favorite and I am a total sucker for his antics! He is the cutest little thing, and I love having him in my class! Check him out in his "Go Korea" (soccer is huge here, and everyone wears red and screams go korea!) headband, doing a king-fu pose for me! I hope I have a little boy just as crazy and mischievious as him some day! Anyhow...these are my pictures of life here in Seoul! I will post more as I take them!

Addendum! Unfortuantly, I was a bit of an idiot and deleted some of the pics that were in this post, so here are the ones I could find...darnit!

3 comments:

soiled_dove said...

OMG! Those little kids are so cute! I love the kung fu pose, what little sweeties! When I come and visit I will have to sneak one into my luggage to take home with me.

Unknown said...

Those kids look just like Japanese kids, except for one thing; they're smiling. I don't know what the Japanese have against smiling for the camera, but they almost never do it.

Unknown said...

Of course the peace signs are just as prevalent in Japan as they seem to be there.