Friday, June 30, 2006

Upcoming Events

So, it is now Friday, and some of the girls are coming over to my apartment tonight for Kimbap (Korean burrito) and Mandu (Korean Chinese Dumplings)and good times. And then tomorrow, a couple of us are going to see the traveling Picasso exhibit, here from France. I am especially excited for that, as I was totally bummed when I missed it in Phoenix a couple of years ago. He is not one of my favorite artists, but his work is so strange and evocative...it is the kind of thing that sparks thoughts and feelings into even the least appreciative. It should be a great time.

I am really busy for the next couple of weekends, and I am really happy about it. On Saturday, July 8th, several of us are taking a trip up to see the DMZ (de-militarized zone between North and South Korea). It will be the second DMZ I have seen (saw the one in Nicosia, Cyprus back in 2000—they just started dismantling it about a year or two ago now). I hear it is just incredibly beautiful and full of little happy tree creatures...who sometimes get run over by tanks! Here are a couple of links I found—one is positive, the other is overly dramatic, but interesting.

Tourist's Guide to the DMZ

Dramtic CNN

Then, on Sunday, July 9th, I am going to see Mamma Mia with some of the girls here; yes it is in English (I am pretty sure). I've never seen it, and I love Abba, so it should be great.

Mamma Mia in Korea


The following weekend (MY BIRTHDAY! YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY!) I am going to the Mud Festival (Mud Festival) and am going to get wicked crazy and roll around in a bunch of mud and drink some beers, and just turn 26 in muddy style! So, quite a few fun things planned on the ol' calendar for the next couple of weeks. Stay tuned for pics and updates!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Happy Birthday honey! We miss you and hope our Korean counter parts do a good job of making you feel special on your B-day.

Anonymous said...

I would send you a gift but I heard they don't have birthday's in Korea. Heheh...